| Home | About Us | Training | Consulting | Testimonials | Contact Gwen |
Since 1983, Gwen Volk has assisted developers, owners, agents, and on-site
staff in navigating the complexities and challenges of the many programs that
provide housing opportunities for low and moderate-income families.
Gwen served as vice president, president and chief executive officer of a Midwest
affordable housing development and management company from 1983-1996 and as
chief compliance officer for a Dallas-based firm with a national portfolio from 2001 -
2014. For the past twenty years, throughout her other pursuits, Gwen has provided
training and consulting services in 36 states through GWEN VOLK INFOCUS, INC.
She has extensive knowledge and experience in Section 42 low income housing tax
credit, tax-exempt bond, HOME, Section 8, 236, 202 PAC, 202/811 PRAC and Rural
Development program compliance.
Gwen has volunteered countless hours with local affordable
housing management associations (AHMA's), the National Affordable Housing
Management Association (NAHMA) and the Institute of Real Estate Management
(IREM). A member of NAHMA since 1991, she has twice served on its board of
directors, has chaired its Education and Training and Fair Housing committees, and
since 2007 has served as a member of the Specialist in Housing Credit Management
(SHCM) Technical Advisory Committee, responsible for development and quality control
of the certification exam. In addition, since 2009 she has been a member of IREM's
Federal Housing Advisory board.
Gwen is highly skilled and effective at teaching and coaching staff at every level,
helping owners to navigate the complexities of the programs, advising agents on
compliance and problem-solving, and working with the agencies that administer and
monitor the programs. Her experience, knowledge, passion and commitment to the
affordable housing industry makes her uniquely qualified to serve the training and
consulting needs of the organizations, agencies, companies and individuals who make
affordable housing a reality.
- Certified Property Manager (CPM ®)
- National Affordable Housing Professional ‐ Executive Level (NAHP-E ®)
- Specialist in Housing Credit Management (SHCM ®)
- Housing Credit Certified Professional (HCCP)
- Registered in Apartment Management (RAM ®)
- Certified Professional of Occupancy (CPO™)
- Fair Housing Compliance (FHC™)
- Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM)
- Federal Housing Advisory Board (IREM)
- National Affordable Housing Management Association (NAHMA)
- BA, English ‐ Augustana College, Sioux Falls, SD ‐ 1971
- MS, Business Organization & Management‐Capella University, Minneapolis, MN ‐ 2004